iPod Trouble shooting tips
- How to Update iPod - It is important that you have the latest version of iTunes and then using iTunes determine if you need to update your iPod software.
- How to Restore the iPod - It is important to understand the difference between "update" and "restore". Update simply installs the software that controls iPod and does not affect the songs and files stored on iPod's disk. Restore erases the iPod's disk and restores iPod to its original factory condition. So you'll lose all your songs and videos unless you have a backup.
- How to Reset iPod - Learn how to reset or restart iPod following a freeze. If your iPod is frozen or won't turn on, it may be because iPod is paused or the Hold switch is in the locked position, check that first. All music and files are saved, but some customized settings may be lost. Other customized settings, such as Bookmarks, On-The-Go Playlists, Shuffle, Backlight timer, and so forth are preserved from the last time the hard drive turned on.
- How to Identify iPod Models - This document will help you determine the model of iPod you have as well as the latest version of iPod software available for your model
- How to Find The iPod Serial Numbe You'll need this for service and registration. Engraved on back of metal surface. If you can't read it then this document will show you how to find it.
- What do do about Sad iPod icon and folder icons
Using the iPod as a hard disk
- How to Change the iPod Display Language - Your iPod is multilingual and can be set to display one of many languages. If you've accidentally chosen the wrong language for your iPod, follow the steps on this page to change the language display.
- How to Use the iPod As an External Hard Disk - You can use your iPod as a drive (hard drive or flash drive depending on your iPod) to store and transfer data files on (also known as disk mode) read more
- How to Find Out How Much Space Is Left on iPod
Songs and data files take up space. To see how much space is left on your iPod. iPod Software 1.3 or later, and 2.0 and later
1.Select Settings from the main menu.
- How to Disconnect iPod From Your Computer
If you haven't set up iPod to "Enable disk use" or "Manually manage music and video," just unplug it when it says "OK to Disconnect" or "Charging" to disconnect it safely.
If you use iPod with the "Enable disk use" or "Manually manage music and video" options turned on, you must eject it before disconnecting it from your computer. Read more and if it doesn't eject then read more
Tips on iPod battery use
Also iPod Battery Help and what to do if your iPod won't charge
Playing songs and using the playlist
Using iPod Controls
iPod help - miscellaneous
New - How to Do it your self iPod repair
If you have a broken LCD or cracked screen.
If you need to replace your iPod battery.